Saturday, March 29, 2008

Star Wars of Legos?

Jake's become enraptured by the Star Wars Wii game; who knew that they were really Legos? :)


Weight's down to 148, 8 pounds from my goal. Insane. Feels good though.

Rutgers' womens basketball is burning up the courts again. I'm going to try and catch a game or two . . . they're ranked #2 in the country. Cool.


Got Zoey's christening on Sunday, which should be nice. I have a nice dress and will get to see everyone.


Didn't get into Gallaudet. Got the letter on Thursday and I was quite sad. Jake went and got me flowers and some LC Ultra Dark chocolate and some "bath caviar," which I used tonight and smells lovely. Glad I have a back-up plan to finish my MSW in a year. I'll be taking 3 courses (eep) over the summer and then 3 next semester and an internship. I'm still weighing if I will reapply to GU next year; it would be nice if I had my MSW before moving to DC, since that would equate a better job (and perhaps more weight on the resume). Means I'll have to retake the GRE, at least once more. Yuck.


Baseball season is almost here, and I am excited. We're going to the April 2nd game, which should be cool. Jake and I decided to put some tickets up on StubHub to offset the price of the packages, so that will help too.


Jake's parents are re-renting the same house on the beach in Delaware for this summer, and I'm happy about that. I had a really nice time last summer, and the whole "roll out of bed, put on your swimsuit, grab a book, walk out the door, grab your chair and find a place on the beach to relax" thing worked for me. I hope this year we don't miss the fireworks and that they're not canceled the day of due to rain. And then we're headed back home for a Phillies/Mets game in PA. Should be fun.


Not much else is new here . . . same old same old. The fish are still alive, as are the snails. One of the snails was nowhere to be found a few days ago, and I started to worry that Lily had somehow gotten her crafty little paw on it, but it turns out that it'd just burrowed into the gravel beneath the Roman ruins. Guess life in the aquarium requires you to make your own fun.


There's a new recipe that's taking the viral LC world by storm, for something called "Oopsie Rolls." I've made them twice, and while I like the texture of these better, I like the taste of the regular Rev Rolls better. Perhaps they'll be better with some tweaking. Jake and I went in search of "muffin top" pans today to make rolls that are identically sized. Our quest was in vain, but I'll get my hands on some of them soon enough, I'm sure. I'll check out eBay or something . . .


I think I'm gonna make some French Toast from them, since I have Howard's Maple Flavored Syrup, made from Splenda, and carb-free. I'll post the recipe for the Oopsie Rolls; if you try them let me know how you like them . . .


CLEOCHATRA'S BEST EVER REVOL-OOPSIE ROLLS

3 large eggs
1 packet of Splenda
A dash of salt
A pinch of cream of tartar
3 ounces cream cheese (not Tbsp!) Do not soften!

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Separate the eggs and add Splenda, salt, and cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture).

Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.

Bake for about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool.

Storage and freezing:

I store them in a Ziplock bag with the bag open partially (this way they breathe and don't get too moist) and keep them in the fridge after the first day. Then, when you want to use them, take them out and set them on the counter for 15-30 minutes or until they are room temperature. This makes them more "dry" and less sticky.

As for freezing, I tried freezing and they do freeze. This time you want to close the Ziplock when storing (I only store two per bag). To thaw, let them rest on the counter until room temperature in the bag with the bag open. When they're close to room temperature, set them outside of the bag so that they can "dry" out slightly for use.

Makes 6 "Oopsie Rolls"
Calories 85 each
Carbs Less than 1g each (WOWee!!!)

From the Livin' La Vida Low-Carb blog at: http://livinlavidalocarb.blogspot.com/2008/03/cleochatras-amazing-low-carb-oopsie.html

No comments: