Tuesday, March 11, 2008

May the Force be with you . . .

Here's a recap of Saturday's events . . . complete with pictures!

Saturday, March 8, 2008
At last, Jake's wait was over. Today was Star Wars day.


We slept in this morning and then headed over to Philly (in the
torrential rain). We picked up Jake's friend Tommy (a Drewbie we went
to school with) and drove over to the Franklin Institute. We got our
wristbands and then I headed off to find the coat check while Jake and
Tommy hunted down some eats. It took a while, but I was finally
successful in finding the coat check and getting our jackets squared
away. Got back up to the second floor to find that Jake had gotten me a
chicken Caesar salad and a Coke Zero (which was perfect, I was wanting a
salad). We had to nosh quickly, as our ticket window for admission was
supposed to be 2 to 230 (and we were already late). Jake met up with Tom, who had also gone to Drew, and graduated the year before us, Tom's wife, and children.


We got on line with a ton of other people and the excitement started to build. I have to say, the exhibit was really cool. Cooler than I'd anticipated. My only complaint is that there were no Ewoks. (Yes, I think they're adorable) There were lots of kids in the exhibit, and there were hands-on activities for them. All of the videos that accompanied the certain sections of the exhibit were captioned, so I could actually watch and understand them. Looking at the various things, I have to say that I kind of regretted not having seen the three 'prequels' prior to attending the exhibit. I think if I had, I'd have appreciated all of it equally, rather than focusing more on the older stuff. I mentioned this to Jake, and he said we'd buy the other three that night.


I've included some photos and should be adding more once I get some pictures from Jake . . . me and Darth Vader and the like . . .







No comments: