Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Nonsensical

Weight's hopping back down, after almost reaching back to 155 a few days ago. "Sue" has gone away for now, so I guess I'm getting back to normal hormonally.


I've been consciously eating more "cleanly" (ie: more strict compliance with Atkins) and have re-entered ketosis, according to my handy little pee strips. Today I had some decaf tea with heavy cream and liquid Splenda (Sweetzfree) for breakfast, and packed a power Atkins lunch: big ole salad with spring mix greens, 2 hard boiled eggs, some extra sharp Cheddar cheese, a green pepper, and lots of delish Bacon Ranch dressing to dip it all in (or pour over, in the case of the salad). Add 2 Sprite Zeros and I'm set for the day. Dinner will be something with baby spinach and chicken . . . perhaps something like a horseradish chicken but not cooked in the slow cooker. We'll see.


Jake and I got a Wii. He texted me on Sunday afternoon (he'd gone to Pton to do some computer work for a friend's family), asking me to go to the Best Buy out on 35 and attempt to buy a Wii. Apparently it's still really hard to get one, but not as bad as the crush around the holidays. I went over to the Best Buy and there were a few left. I tried to buy more than one but couldn't. I was still really skeptical about the whole Wii thing . . . I've never been a 'gamer' and haven't played video games since I was about 10. Jake was as excited as a little kid on Christmas morning. He went out and got another controller and 3 games.


I have to say that the Wii is really cool. Jake got a game called Major League Baseball 2k8 and I really like it (even though I suck at it). We can "become" the Yankees and Phillies and play games against one another, having to "pitch," "hit," and "field." I'm decent at the pitching, getting the hang of the hitting, and totally suck at the fielding. I can't catch the ball for the life of me and have this mental block that makes me keep throwing to first base, no matter where I should be throwing it. And Jake is loving it too . . . if he steals home on me again, there's gonna be hell to pay.


Even cooler is the fact that the Wii is hooked up to my wireless router, so Jake and I can play games with other people remotely via the web if it's a WiFi game and the other people also have the same game. Jake got the hottest new thing, something Mario Brothers Smash. I don't know, he tried it for the first time last night and it was confusing. But it's WiFi. So we'll have to practice and then set up a play date with others who have it, like Melissa and Anthony.


The Boss, Rosalita, Snaily, and More Snaily are all still alive. The Boss had a brush with death on Saturday but Jake changed the water and it seems to be doing much better. Yesterday I thought one of the snails was dead, as it was floating on top of the aquarium. I couldn't have told you if it was Snaily or More Snaily, as they are identical. Anyway, I came back in and it was at the bottom. I decided to hold off on flushing it, as I thought maybe it just lost its grip on the side of the aquarium . . . I'm glad I waited, because when I got home from class last night, both snails were happily sucking away at the bottom and sides of the aquarium. Poor guy must've lost its grip. It will never know how close it came to being flushed (or set free, if you can believe "Finding Nemo" . . . love that movie).


Lily's still on lockdown and looking more depressed daily. She will be turned loose on the other cats this week, either tomorrow or Thursday. Her medication is done, and I think we're all happy that it's over with. I hope her rejoining the general population will help lift her spirits a little. She's still up to mischief, though. There's a finger hole on the top of the aquarium so you can take the lid off that apparently is just the right size for her to stick her paw into. I've caught her "fishing" a few times, but she's so far been unsuccessful (thankfully).


Ok, I guess that's enough nonsense for now . . .

No comments: