Thursday, April 10, 2008

Long time.

I realized I haven't posted in a while so I wanted to drop in and say hi. Hi.


Weight's been 147 for a few days in a row now, after hovering at 150 for a while. I'm still losing, which is cool. I'm also offically in between sizes now, which means although I have to get some summery clothes to wear, nothing fits right.


I found out that DVR will "sponsor" me to finish Rutgers and get my MSW, which is wicked cool. They're also going to give me funding for books. Sweet.


I got a lot accomplished yesterday at SOS. I took a client for a referral appointment with an agency that provides supportive services like transportation and housing assistance, etc. That went well. What was funny was that one of the women who was running the intake appointment offered me a job. I wasn't there for me! I gave her my email address and told her to contact me.


It's insanely beautiful out today, and if I didn't have commitments, I'd be sitting on the beach right now. As it is, I'm free all day tomorrow but of course the weather won't cooperate.


Went to the Yankees game on April 2nd and froze my butt off. Holy *%^! was it cold! I am bringing a blankie with me to next week's game on Wednesday versus Boston. I don't know if I can handle freezing like that again. And they lost, which made the torturous temperatures even more bitter.


To celebrate the nice weather, Jake and I are going for a walk around the Manasquan Reservoir tonight. That should be nice.


I found my recipe for Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon dressing. I don't think I've posted it on here, so I will do so now. If I have, here's the recipe again! :o)


Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing

Baby spinach
1/2 pound bacon, cut up with kitchen shears
1/2 cup white wine or apple cider vinegar
2-3 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Splenda or sugar
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste


1. Fry the cut up bacon until crisp. While bacon is frying, whisk together the other ingredients in a seperate bowl.
2. When bacon is crisp, drain off some of the fat if you wish, but leave some in the pan, as it will serve as the 'oil' in the dressing.
3. If you took the pan off to drain the fat, return pan to range and heat until bacon sizzles again. Remove from heat. Add other ingredients to pan.
4. When it has stopped sizzling, pour hot dressing over baby spinach, allowing it to wilt a little bit.


That's pretty much all that's new here. I'm starting to get excited about the Parkinson's Unity Walk at the end of this month; I'm very close to my personal fundraising goal of $500! I've gotten some donations from unexpected (but welcomed) places.

No comments: