Thursday, February 21, 2008

Wow, The cat hates me.

Ok, so I picked up Lily today from the SPCA in Eatontown this morning. She did well and got fixed, her final round of shots, and a microchip (so I can take her to the store and scan her, according to Jake). All that for $165. Which isn't bad at all.
What is bad is that the cat is apparently hatching a death plan against me and giving me the silent treatment. She tried to break out of the carrier once we got home, and glared at me when I attempted to stop her from fussing at her stitches (which I was instructed to do by the vet tech). She won't come when I call her, and she's not interested in food or water. All she wants to do is sleep against the radiator. Poor thing. She is currently in the bedroom apart from the other two cats because she has to take it easy. Jake will want to lock her out of the bedroom tonight because she's notorious for waking him up in the middle of the night for petting. But she may not do that tonight since she's in hiding. We'll see.
Had dinner with my mom today. It was nice. We went to Outback (the Atkins place to go) and then went shopping. I got a nice dress for Zoey's baptism. :o)
On the scale today, I was 152 on the nose, down 3 pounds from last week, and 3 pounds higher than my lowest since starting Atkins. Yes, my goal is 140, but those last 10 pounds have been so elusive. No more bagels. I made a whole bunch of vanilla caramel carbquik pancakes and stashed them in the freezer. They're good with butter and 1 carb "maple syrup."
My mom is thinking about eating Atkins, and I think she'll like it. Bacon. Butter. How much better can you get??
There was some other stuff I was going to ramble about, but I forget what it is for right now, so I'll sign off.

No comments: